Get your summer reads on: Santa Cruz libraries expanding hours
Beginning Saturday, the downtown, Live Oak, Capitola, Scotts Valley, Felton and La Selva Beach branches will all have extended hours as county facilities continue their post-pandemic reopening.
The post-pandemic reading experience is starting to feel a bit more like the olden times.
Many Santa Cruz Public Libraries will have extended hours come Saturday as public spaces continue to reopen and expand offerings following nearly a year and half of pandemic uncertainty.
Here’s a look at the branches adding hours:
- Downtown: Sunday 1-5 p.m.; Monday-Thursday 10 a.m.-6 p.m.; Friday-Saturday noon-5 p.m.
- Live Oak: Closed Sunday-Monday; Tuesday-Thursday 10 a.m.-6 p.m.; Friday noon-5 p.m.; Saturday 10 a.m.-5 p.m.
- Capitola: Sunday 1-5 p.m.; Monday-Thursday 10 a.m.-6 p.m.; Friday-Saturday noon-5 p.m.
- Scotts Valley: Monday, Tuesday and Thursday 1-6 p.m.; Wednesday 10 a.m.-3 p.m.; Friday noon-5 p.m.; Saturday-Sunday closed.
- Felton: Sunday 1-5 p.m.; Monday-Thursday 10 a.m.-6 p.m.; Friday closed; Saturday 1-5 p.m.
- La Selva Beach: Closed Sunday-Monday; Tuesday-Thursday 11 a.m.-6 p.m.; Friday-Saturday noon-5 p.m.
Bay Federal Credit Union’s new First Time Homebuyer Program has provided loans for eight new homeowners for a total...
Three branches remain closed for construction — Aptos, Boulder Creek and Garfield Park — and the Scotts Valley Library is due to close for remodeling July 31.