Food & drink events this weekend: Midtown Friday, farm tour and a dinner train ride
Lily Belli brings you a curated list of the best food and drink events in Santa Cruz County for this weekend and into the coming week.
Sign up for Lily’s Eaters Digest newsletter for the weekly events round-up and a recommended dish or drink worth seeking out. This week Lily indulged in Mochi doughnuts delight at Dunlap’s Donuts.
Free farm tour
Looking for some garden inspiration? Take a free tour of the farm at UC Santa Cruz on Sunday at 2 p.m. At this 90-minute visit, check out the organically managed greenhouses, hand-worked garden beds, orchards, children’s garden and more, while learning about organic farming and the site’s history. And enjoy beautiful views of Monterey Bay from the 30-acre farm. No reservations necessary.
U-pick tomatoes, strawberries & peppers
It’s tomato time, strawberry season and peak pepper at Live Earth Farm, an organic farm located just outside of Watsonville. Experience summer’s bounty at a U-pick this Saturday and Sunday and take home as much as you can pick. Reserve a two-hour time slot before you go, and pack a snack and sun protection. This activity is great for little helpers. Tickets are $10 per car, and produce can be purchased based by the pound or basket — the price goes down the more you pick.
Friday, Sept. 1
- Friday Night Vineyard Lights | 5 - 8:30 p.m. @Wrights Station Vineyard & Winery | $17
- Midtown Fridays | 5 - 8:30 p.m. @1111 Soquel Ave., Santa Cruz
Saturday, Sept. 2
- U-pick at Live Earth Farm | 10 a.m. - noon @Live Earth Farm | $10
- Paella Party | 5 - 9 p.m. @Santa Cruz Symphony | $1,000
- Stand-up comedy | 9 - 10 p.m. @11th Hour Coffee | $10
Sunday, Sept. 3
- Free Guided Tour of the UCSC Farm | 2:00 - 3:30 p.m. @Cowell Ranch Hay Barn | Free
- Santa Cruz Starlight Evening Dinner Party | 5:30 - 9:30 p.m. @Santa Cruz Beach Boardwalk | $70