LOCATION: Santa Cruz, CA
Benefits to working at UC Santa Cruz include:
- Medical, Dental & Vision Care Insurance Plans
- UC Retirement Plans
- Group Term Life Insurance
- Legal Insurance
- Pet Insurance
- Paid Holidays plus accrued vacation and sick leave
- Meal Allowance
- Gym discount at UCSC recreation facilities
UC Vaccination Policy: With limited exceptions, COVID-19 vaccinations are required for Covered Individuals under the Policy. Covered Individuals include all employees, students, or trainees who physically access a University facility or program in connection with their employment, appointment, or education/training.
Covered Individuals do NOT include employees who work 100% remotely with NO expectation that they will physically access any University location or program at ANY time. If 100% remote work ends, the employee is subject to policy.
INITIAL REVIEW DATE (IRD): UC Santa Cruz staff jobs are posted until filled. Application materials submitted by 11:59 pm on the IRD will be routed to the hiring unit for consideration. NOTE: Materials submitted after the IRD will be forwarded only at the request of the hiring unit. Submit your materials before the IRD to ensure consideration by the hiring unit.
The IRD for this job is: 01-03-2023
ABOUT UC SANTA CRUZ: UC Santa Cruz is a public university like no other in California, combining the experience of a small, liberal arts college with the depth and rigor of a major research university. It’s known as an unconventional place where innovation and experimentation is part of the campus’s DNA. That playful, bold spirit still thrives today, all on a campus renowned as among the most beautiful in the world.
DEPARTMENT OVERVIEW: Colleges, Housing, and Educational Services (CHES) is a multi-funded organization within the Finance, Operations and Administration (FOA) division at the University of California (UC) Santa Cruz. CHES provides leadership in the areas of college student life and residential services, housing services, facilities, employee housing and capital planning, dining services, conference services, early education services, the Bay Tree Campus Store, ID card services, and business and financial analysis for these areas. CHES provides on-campus housing and dining services to approximately 9,500 undergraduate and graduate students in ten residential colleges and six multi-college affiliated residential communities, which support single students and students with families.
UC Santa Cruz Dining is instrumental in the success of our students as well as providing services to staff, faculty and guests of the campus. Our mission is to be committed to creating a diverse, safe, fun and trusting environment for our guests and team; building an innovative dining program providing high quality service and food while embracing social, nutritional and financial responsibilities.
More information can be found here.
JOB SUMMARY: Under the general supervision of the Dining Systems Manager, the Systems Coordinator acts as the systems support response for Dining Services. Provides assistance in the areas of office management, research and analysis; file maintenance; correspondence and communication. Works closely with the Systems Manager ensuring adherence to business practices and protocols.
Salary Information: $26.12 / hour
No. of Positions: 2
Benefits Level Eligibility: Full benefits
- Full-time, Fixed
- Percentage of Time: 100%, 40 Hours per Week
- Days of the Week: Mon-Fri
- Shift Includes: Day
Employee Classification: This is a Career appointment
Job End Date: None
Work Location: UC Santa Cruz Main Campus
Union Representation: Clerical Employees (CX)
Job Code Classification: 004722 - BLANK AST 3
Travel: Never or Rarely
60% Systems Support:
- Provides concise departmental communications informing management with updates on reports and files availability, storing locations.
- Uses a variety of software programs and applications to produce Departmental Reports for record keeping and business use, maintains reporting infrastructure and periodically updates files, moving some documents to archived folders. Maintains Archived Files. Updates documentation and procedures when/if necessary under the directive of the Systems Manager.
- Maintains Food Management System data entries keeping all products/vendors up to date, enters invoices and coordinates invoices process, reconcile weekly invoices entries and AP interface approvals. The position provides assistance to administrative student staff.
- Maintains Dining Services door access system. Updates and maintains Point of Sale (POS) menu items, employee/cashiers access and keeps procedures up to date under the directive of Business Systems Analyst.
- Acts as Dining Services locations first point of contact for onsite support to computer hardware and/or software, configuring profiles and providing access to files structure.
- Assists with Point of Sales (POS), Door Access, Student Privilege Control System, Digital Signage and Food Management systems, troubleshooting as needed.
- Provides support and assistance to the Systems Manager during projects validation phases.
- Follows the directives and collaborates with the Systems Manager in setting up Dining new hires with needed technology and telecommunication resources and equipment.
35% Systems Maintenance
- Maintains Dining systems including:
- accounts/password reset and system access
- Door access expiration/renewals
- Food management product updates
- POS system menu items management and yearly purges
- Compiles and submits invoices to Procurement and provides related information.
- Reviews and completes Employee Systems Access Change requests as needed.
- Performs yearly reconciliation on closed or disabled cashier/POS account access.
- Performs yearly reconciliation on closed, disabled, or renewed Dining door access accounts.
- Contributes regularly to the continued assessment and improvement of dining services systems.
5% Other Duties as assigned
- Serves as administrative back up in the absence of the Systems Manager.
- Attends and participates in meetings as directed.
- Provides administrative support for a variety of operational tasks and events as assigned.
- Will drive campus owned vehicles and/or a personal vehicle to perform various duties including, but not limited to catered events, training, quality control within locations, cashier deposits, and other driving related duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Excellent computer skills with the ability to learn and use campus financial and/or acquisitions systems.
- Demonstrated experience with Microsoft and Google suites and in preparing spreadsheets, reports and other documents and correspondence as required.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, (verbal and written), with demonstrated effectiveness in interacting with students, staff faculty, and parents of various social, cultural, economic and educational backgrounds.
- Demonstrated ability to research, analyze and interpret data.
- Excellent and accurate data entry and record keeping skills the ability to pay strict attention to detail, spelling, punctuation and grammar.
- Demonstrated professional administrative/clerical skills with knowledge of standard office procedures and equipment.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills sufficient to work independently in a fast-paced work environment with constant shifting priorities.
- Ability to learn and utilize new policies, work processes, and computer applications.
- Ability to exercise good judgment and discretion when presented with confidential information and material
- Political acumen and diplomatic skills sufficient to work with ethnically and culturally diverse populations in a number of capacities with professionalism and sensitivity and to maintain cooperative working relationships with the public and the university community.
- Ability to work effectively as a team member, as well as independently, and to maintain a professional and business-oriented office environment.
SPECIAL CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
- Selected candidate will be required to pass a pre-employment criminal history background check.
- Ability to work evenings and weekends, as needed.
- The University of California has implemented a COVID-19 Vaccination Policy covering all employees. To be compliant with the policy, covered employees must submit proof of vaccination or have an approved exception or deferral, eight (8) weeks from date of hire.
- Per the Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act (CANRA), this position has been identified as a Mandated Reporter. The selected candidate will be required to report known or suspected child abuse or neglect as defined by CANRA and will be required to sign a Statement Acknowledging Requirement to Report Child Abuse prior to commencing employment. CANRA Penal Codes, and related definitions, requirements, and responsibilities may be obtained here.
SAFETY STATEMENT: All UCSC employees must understand and follow job safety procedures, attend required health and safety training, proactively promote safety at work, and promptly report actual and potential accidents and injuries.
HOW TO APPLY: If interested, please submit an online application here.
EEO/AA: The University of California is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, or protected veteran status. UC Santa Cruz is committed to excellence through diversity and strives to establish a climate that welcomes, celebrates, and promotes respect for the contributions of all students and employees.