Who We Are & What We Do:
If you’re looking for an exciting career opportunity, you’re in the right place. Santa Cruz County Bank is a top-rated community bank with a focus on serving the banking needs of businesses and individuals along the Central Coast, in Silicon Valley and throughout the Bay Area. We engage in impactful volunteering and support the greater economic vitality within our tri-county reach. Our success is due to our amazing team of exceptional, experienced, knowledgeable, and success-oriented employees.
We’ve been recognized with numerous community leadership awards and our team gives 500+ hours of volunteer service each year. A few honors we’ve received locally, include:
- GOOD TIMES BEST OF SANTA CRUZ COUNTY Voted “Best Bank”, 10 consecutive years
- SANTA CRUZ SENTINEL READERS’ CHOICE Voted #1 Best Bank, 6th year
- SANTA CRUZ WAVES MAGAZINE Swellies Award, 4th year
- SECOND HARVEST FOOD BANK Big Step and Platinum Award for Holiday Food Drive
About the Role:
As a Universal Banker, you’ll assist clients and potential clients by opening a variety of new accounts including checking, savings, IRA, CD and others. Collect required information from new account customers and complete account set up process including data input, verifying references, and documentation. Provide information and answer questions regarding bank products and services. Make referrals as appropriate to cross-sell a variety of bank services.
The UB possesses a thorough knowledge and understanding of all Bank operations and processes client transactions according to Bank’s policies and procedures. Performs all required job duties in accordance with the Bank’s regulatory standards. As the first line of defense against risk exposure, you’ll ensure all safety and security protocols are followed: to include cash controls dual control, transaction processing and approvals.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Previous experience working with the public in a client service role is required.
- Three to five years working in bank branch operations.
- Prior new accounts experience is preferred.
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to multi-task
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Strong cash handling skills
- Strong computer/technical skills
- Ability to lift up to 25 lbs
- Ability to sit/stand for long periods
- New Accounts Origination
- Knowledge of business entity documents
- Excellent client service skills
- Reliable, dependable and regular attendance is essential
- Knowledge of Reg. E, Reg. CC and BSA/AML
- Medical, dental, and vision plans
- Vacation, sick leave, paid Holidays
- Paid volunteer time
- Employer paid life insurance
- 401(k) with employer matching
- Ongoing training, professional development and career advancement opportunities
Work is performed in a bank branch environment and requires the ability to operate standard office equipment and keyboards. Must have the ability to stand, walk and sit; talk or hear, both in person and by telephone; use hands to finger, handle or feel objects or controls; reach with hands and arms. Regularly required to stoop, kneel, bend, crouch or lift up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, depth perception, color vision and the ability to adjust focus.
Employee must be able to work with general office equipment. Equipment used is general office equipment including computer, postage machine, fax machine, copier/scanner. The noise level in the work environment if usually moderate.
Our Recruiting Process:
If your application is selected, we’ll reach out to schedule a panel interview where you’ll meet various members of our team; the hiring manager, HR manager, and a few other folks - we like to make sure this job will be a fit for everyone! Following the panel interview, if you are selected to continue in the process, we’ll schedule an in-person interview in one of our branch locations. If you are offered and accept the job, we’ll begin the background screening process and prepare for your starting day!
$25 - $35 per hour
How To Apply: If interested, please submit an online application here.