Location: Merced; Salinas; Scotts Valley, California; Remote in California
We have an opportunity to join the Alliance as the Advanced Analytics Manager in the Data Analytics Services Department.
*There is one position which can be filled in any of our 3 offices (Scotts Valley, Merced or Salinas, California) or remotely within California.
WHAT YOU’LL BE RESPONSIBLE FOR
Reporting to the Data Analytics Services Director, you will:
- Manage and lead advanced analytics, including population health, risk adjustment, stratification, and prediction, and performs program evaluation and provider benchmarking
- Collaborate with the Data Analytics Services Director, Clinical Leadership, and other stakeholders regarding short- and long-term analytic strategies
- Manage, supervise, mentor and train assigned staff
ABOUT THE TEAM
The Information Technology Services division delivers data-driven insights and innovative technology solutions that enable the Alliance’s business operations, mission & vision.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED TO BE SUCCESSFUL
To read the full position description, and list of requirements click here.
- Knowledge of:
- Data visualization tools
- Principles and practices of a value-based healthcare environment
- Tools and techniques associated with designing, implementing, and communicating population health or healthcare improvement studies
- SQL or other data mining/manipulation tools
- Bayesian analysis and causal inference methods
- Statistical software, such as SAS or R
- Ability to:
- Train, mentor, supervise, and evaluate the work of staff
- Develop work plans and workflows and organize and prioritize Advanced Analytics activities
- Maintain team morale and objective leadership in a dynamic and high pressure environment
- Interpret and apply complex principles, policies, terms and procedures
- Present strategic information, data and results in a clear and understandable manner utilizing methods appropriate to various forums
- Foster effective and collaborative working relationships, influence others, and build consensus with individuals at all levels in the organization
- Education and Experience:
- Master’s degree in a Mathematics related discipline, Epidemiology, Bioinformatics, Public Health or a closely related field
- A minimum of six years of experience performing healthcare analytics which included analyzing and interpreting clinical data and leading projects related to population health or healthcare quality improvement, including a minimum of two years of experience leading or supervising analytics staff, (or a Bachelor’s degree in one of the fields described above and an additional eight years of experience performing advanced healthcare analytics may substitute for the Master’s degree); or an equivalent combination of education and experience may be qualifying
- While this position is connected to one of our Alliance offices, we are in hybrid remote/in-office work environment right now and we anticipate that the interview process will take place remotely.
- Our Alliance office locations have officially re-opened as of May 2, 2022 and while some employees may work in full-time telecommute schedules, attendance at quarterly company-wide events or department meetings will be expected.
- Based on the nature of work, this position may require onsite presence, which is dependent on business need. Details about this can be reviewed during the interview process.
COVID-19 Vaccine Requirement: At this time, the Alliance is requesting the vaccination status of its workforce for COVID-19. While this position doesn’t require vaccination as a condition of employment, all employees are required to report their vaccination status, and, if vaccinated, provide proof of vaccination.
Remote in California
Scotts Valley pay range
Merced pay range
Salinas pay range
Additionally, all positions at the Alliance are required to meet these minimum qualifications.
- Medical, Dental and Vision Plans
- Ample Paid Time Off
- 12 Paid Holidays per year
- 401(a) Retirement Plan
- 457 Deferred Compensation Plan
- Robust Health and Wellness Program
- Onsite EV Charging Stations
- And many more
We are a group of over 500 dedicated employees, committed to our mission of providing accessible, quality health care that is guided by local innovation. We feel that our work is bigger than ourselves. We leave work each day knowing that we made a difference in the community around us.
Join us at Central California Alliance for Health (the Alliance), where you will be part of a culture that is respectful, diverse, professional and fun, and where you are empowered to do your best work. As a regional non-profit health plan, we serve members in Merced, Monterey and Santa Cruz counties. To learn more about us, take a look at our Fact Sheet.
At this time the Alliance does not provide any type of sponsorship. Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time, ongoing basis without current or future needs for any type of employer supported or provided sponsorship.
HOW TO APPLY
If interested, please submit an online application here.