Your Future Is Our Business
Your Future Is Our Business is a non-profit that helps students explore different careers and opportunities available. We develop partnerships with businesses, organizations, and professionals in the area and connect them with students. We host a variety of programs, such as career expos and career panels, to help introduce students to careers and industries they might not have been aware of and to available opportunities to get experience in the work field. We want students to explore the many paths that are available so that they know there are several ways that they can impact their community!
Event Planning/Program Coordinator Intern Job Summary
The Event Planning/Program Coordinator Intern focuses on coordinating and planning career speakers, career panels, expos, luncheon and partnership events. The luncheon is scheduled for March , 2024, and this position is required to attend. The intern will work directly with the Executive Director on a weekly basis to discuss projects, coordinate events and come up with timelines that meet the organizational partners needs. The intern will use platforms such as google suite, CANVA, Facebook, Instagram and Linkedin to promote events and to reach out to possible volunteers in the community.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Set activity dates with schools and organizations per contract agreements
- Maintain a calendar of events
- Recruit volunteers to participate in programs and events
- Correspond with volunteers and schools regarding details and updates of events
- Set up/clean up at events
- Create flyers and social media to promote programs and events
- Manage survey and outcomes of programs and events
- Attend career fairs, panels, and annual luncheon
- Write Quarterly Reports
- Covid Vaccination
- Negative TB Test
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Comfortable working on multiple tasks and projects at once
- Able to work remotely, unsupervised
- Enjoy working independently and on a team
- Must be comfortable working with adults and students ages 10-18
- Comfortable with public speaking and networking
- Be able to attend all YFIOB meetings in person
- Proactively handle challenges, troubleshoot problems, and ask for assistance when needed
- Availability to schedule and work flexible hours, sometimes including weekend and evening hours.
- Ability to work with people of diverse ethnic, cultural, religious, socio-economic, and political and sexual orientation.
- Proficient in the use of MS Office Suite (Word, Powerpoint, Excel) and Google Apps (Drive, Sheets, Calendar, etc.)
- Proficiency with most popular social media platforms and doing online research
- Must possess valid driver’s license and reliable vehicle to assist with transportation of tabling supplies to and from events
- Remote and in-person
- Temporary: From August 1 2023- June 30 2024
- Part Time: 10 hours per week
- Hourly Non-exempt: $15.50/hour
- Sick days up to 6 days provided
- Phone and internet stipend included
- Travel Requirements: Regular travel within Santa Cruz County, occasional travel outside of Santa Cruz County
This position can be remote or in-person, requires travel within the County of Santa Cruz and requires in-person attendance at schools in Santa Cruz County. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job with or without reasonable accommodation. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to type, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; talk and hear. The employee is frequently required to walk and stand for extended periods of time. The employee works in environments that are loud and crowded. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 20 pounds and move objects such as tables and chairs. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
How to Apply: If interested, please submit an online application here.