Sunday Reads: Who is Bud Colligan?
The Greenway chief
The leader of the Measure D campaign has cut a big swath in Santa Cruz County as a high-profile philanthropist on big projects in housing, health care, science, education and the arts. As he’s become the point man for a trail-only option on Santa Cruz County’s coastal rail corridor, he’s also become a lightning rod in what’s become one of the most polarizing votes in memory. Wallace with the story.
Tomorrow in Lookout: Meet the No Way Greenway leaders
Longtime civic leader Mark Mesiti-Miller and Melani Clark of Roaring Camp have taken the lead in trying to defeat the controversial Measure D. Who are they, and what’s led to their high-profile involvement? Just as the leaders of “Yes” say, they explain the fight has turned more vitriolic than expected. Mark Conley talks to them about the campaign and what drives them.
- Software Developer IV - EDW at Central California Alliance for Health
- Mortgage Operations Manager (Remote) at Bay Federal Credit Union
- Network Engineer at Bay Federal Credit Union
- Insurance Agent Training Program (Protégé Agent) at Farmers Insurance - Pedro Gonzalez Insurance Agency, Inc
- Annual Fund Manager at Second Harvest Food Bank of Santa Cruz County
- Sales Leads, Keyholders and Managers at Redemption
- Manager of Volunteers and Events at The Diversity Center of Santa Cruz County
- Data Analytics Services Director at Central California Alliance for Health
- Director of Development at The Diversity Center of Santa Cruz County
- Insurance Sales Agency Manager at Farmers Insurance - Pedro Gonzalez Insurance Agency, Inc
This week we are highlighting all the reasons you should become a Lookout member and today we are sharing all the perks you get when you sign up to become a member. Become a member today and get 20% off membership with offer code spring, or click the image below.
Lookout Members get:
➤ Unlimited Access to all of Lookout’s coverage
➤ Access to special Santa Cruz insider events
➤ Opportunities to meet and talk with our correspondents
➤ The ability to support Local journalism & non profits
It’s all about sex! You dress for our weather — buy plants for our climate, too
Too many coastal Californians are buying plants wrong for our climate and installing gardens more suitable for conditions east of the Mississippi, says Martin Quigley, director of UC Santa Cruz’s Arboretum & Botanic Gardens. Watch his video op-ed here.
Follow the Measure D money, in graphs
With a surge in the past month, No Way Greenway closed the gap in its fundraising. Lookout details the whos and the how manys behind the numbers as the June 7 vote nears. Take a look at the visualizations.
In case you missed it...
➤ Ask Lookout: Why are there so many boats in the water around the wharf right now?
➤ EATERS DIGEST: Olallieberries return, lattes at Honeylux & a downtown restaurant cruise
➤ Reimagining Big Basin: Following CZU fire devastation, what should the park become?
➤ Contribute to letters to the editor