Summer preview: Santa Cruz snaps back into a normal-ish season of fun
Summer returns, and we’ve got a preview of the don’t-miss events. But there are questions, as the landscape is changing. Is there an artistic renaissance just around the corner? Or are we losing our edge? Whatever happens, the summer of ’22 could be the first step toward a different future. Wallace Baine scopes out all the big summer events ahead.
How you can help support Ukraine from here in Santa Cruz
Individuals, organizations and businesses around Santa Cruz County are rallying behind those affected by Russia’s ongoing invasion of Ukraine. Here are some ways your dollars can make a difference.
- DevOps Engineer at Fullpower
- Visitor Service Aide at Friends of Santa Cruz State Parks
- Senior Visitor Services Aide – Pajaro Coast Central at Friends of Santa Cruz State Parks
- Senior Financial Support Specialist (Accounting Grants) at Cabrillo College
- Manager, COVID-19 Response & Compliance at Cabrillo College
- B2B Customer Service Specialist at Bay Photo Lab
- Theater Parking Attendant at Jewel Theatre Company
- Operations & Maintenance Manager at Soquel Creek Water District
- Engineer – Associate or Assistant I/II at Soquel Creek Water District
- Finance Director at Gateway Center of Monterey County
- Guest Services Representative at The Santa Cruz Museum of Art & History
- Manager, Partnership Sales at Santa Cruz Warriors
- Finance Manager at O’Neill Sea Odyssey
➤ Want more? Check out our Job Board.
Hiring? Post a job.
In case you missed it …
➤ Andrea Nguyen: ‘The food tastes much better if it has a story behind it’ (Lily Belli)
➤ ‘It’s really unknown territory’: Longtime Planned Parenthood leaders look back — and forward (Grace Stetson)
➤ Ask Lookout: It’s looking like construction on the Fishhook might finally be completed soon — will it? (Mark Conley)
➤ Q&A: Garden-focused learning sprouts at Watsonville’s Starlight Elementary, with an Emeril connection (Hillary Ojeda)